Our customer service qualifications develop the skills and knowledge you need to provide excellent customer service. These can be applied to hundreds of job roles across different industries – which is great if you’re still undecided about your future career.
A good level of customer service is essential for anyone working in a customer-facing role. You need the skills to be able to make customer’s feel valued, deal with requests and handle complaints.
Some of the Key skills involved in customer service are:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to handle and resolve difficult situations
- IT and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- There are no set requirements, but you’ll need a good level of general education. GCSEs in English, maths and ICT may be useful.
- Experience or a qualification in customer service or contact centre operations could also help.
- You could get into this job through an apprenticeship.
What you'll Do
You could work in a variety of organisations like retail, finance, travel or manufacturing, or for a local authority or the government.
Your day-to-day activities may include:
- answering customers’ questions by phone, email, webchat or face-to-face
- giving quotations and checking product availability
- selling and taking payment
- handling complaints or passing them to a manager
- entering customer information onto a computer database
- tracking orders and giving refunds
Up to £18,000
£20,000 to £30,000
Working hours, patterns and environment
You’ll usually work 37 to 40 hours a week, which may include evening and weekend shifts.
You could work in an office or on a customer service desk. You’ll spend a lot of your time on the phone and using a computer.
You may need to wear a uniform.
Career path & progression
With experience, you could progress to team leader or customer services manager.
You could also move into sales or account handling.
Customer Service Apprenticeships:
The Link Academy offer a range of customer service qualifications which can be carried out here in the academy or in your workplace and includes a range of blended online resources.
|Course||Qualification||Level||Duration||Part/Full Time||Application Procedure||Cost|
|L2 Customer Service apprenticeship||Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
Maths and English or equivalent L2 Diploma in Customer Service
|2||12 Months||Employed 30 – 40 hours per week with a commitment to do 20% off the job training||Direct application referral via Careers or Employer||Apprenticeship - ESFA or Levy funded |
Click for information
|L3 Customer Service apprenticeship||Customer service specialist apprenticeship and
Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
||3||12 Months||Employed 30 – 40 hours per week with a commitment to do 20% off the job training||Direct application referral via Careers or Employer||Apprenticeship - ESFA or Levy funded |
Click for information